This course is a must for all who sail, and skippers should encourage their crews to attend. Remember it may be you who needs attention! At the completion of the course you will be issued with the RYA Small Craft First Aid Certificate. This certificate is valid for 3 years from the time of issue and is a prerequisite for those taking the Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Offshore Examinations.
0900 until approximately 1700.
All course materials including access to the RYA e-book. Morning and afternoon tea.
Please note that if the dates listed are not suitable for you or you wish to have a course run at your own venue please contact us.
First Aid Course Syllabus:
- Demonstrate artificial ventilation & chest compression (CPR)
- Demonstrate how to turn a casualty into the recovery position
- Detail the treatment for shock
- Apply direct pressure to a wound and control bleeding
- Outline the treatment for asthma attacks, burns, diabetic emergencies, epilepsy and heart attacks
- List the precautions needed when handling a spinal injury
- Demonstrate how to immobilise a fracture
- List actions needed to prepare for helicopter evacuation