Your instructor will guide you through the safety procedures and make sure you are comfortable and at ease aboard your yacht before you set sail. He or she will show you all the basics and will be there to support you at every stage, but by the end of your first weekend aboard you will have accomplished so much. You will be able to steer a yacht, handle ropes, sail a basic course and be aware of safety onboard.
Start Yachting Syllabus
This course provides a short introduction to sail cruising for novices. By the end of the course, students will have experienced steering a yacht, sail handling, ropework and be aware of safety on board.
- The Yacht
- Basic knowledge of sea terms, parts of a boat, rigging and sails
- Ability to tie the following knots: figure of eight, round turn and two half hitches, bowline
- Has experienced sailing a yacht on all points of sail
- Can steer a yacht under sail or power
- Rules of the road
- Can keep an efficient and safe look out at sea
- Knows where to obtain a weather forecast and how to understand it
- Man overboard recovery
- Understands the action to be taken to recover a man overboard
- Clothing and equipment
- Understands and complies with the rules for the wearing of safety harnesses’, lifejackets and personal buoyancy aids
- Emergency equipment and precautions
- Is aware of hazards on board a yacht
- Knows the action to be taken in the event of an emergency
0900 on the first day until approximately 1600 on the second day.
Accommodation on board, Bedding, Towels, Safety Equipment, Tuition, Logbook, Certification.
Transit Log (compulsory) £100 per boat shared between students, fuel, food & drink, travel to/from venue, Turkish visa if required, Instructors food and drink (to be provided at students expense)