RYA First Aid
It’s the middle of the night and you are halfway across the ocean when one of your crew suddenly collapses. Would you know what to do?
The RYA First Aid course is designed to teach you exactly what to do in these situations. It is First Aid specifically designed for the marine environment.
1 day from 9am to 5pm.
INSTRUCTOR – STUDENT RATIO
Typically there will be a maximum of 6 students on the course, usually less.
You do not need any previous experience, ahead of the course we will send you the RYA First Aid Handbook or Ebook.
IS THERE AN END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT?
No. The Instructor runs through each of the modules of the course ensuring that you understand each as you progress.
The Course cost is £120 including the RYA First Aid handbook or eBook and certificate.
HOW DO I BOOK THE COURSE?
We don’t always schedule course dates for this course so if you are keen to consider this course please either give us a call on +90 535 613 8110 to chat through possible dates or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via ‘Booking request’.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED ON THE COURSE?
- Perform CPR to current protocols, and understand the differential for drowning.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and the need to modify it for a
- Apply direct pressure to a wound to control bleeding.
- Understand the term shock, recognise and treat it, with particular reference to internal
and external bleeding.
- Understand the treatment for cold shock and hypothermia following immersion and/or
- Recognise the signs of a reduced level of response, with particular reference to serious
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest pain
- Diabetic emergency
- Choose suitable first aid equipment for their boat.
- Understand how to get medical advice or assistance by radio.
- Understand how to prepare for the evacuation of a casualty by helicopter.