Add extras to your skill base
The combined course week is designed for those who wish to gain more practice after completing an RYA Sailing course and also want to learn additional skills to ensure they are safe and competent skippers. The course combines non- certificated sailing tuition, RYA Powerboat level 2, RYA First Aid and VHF (SRC) Radio Exam for those who have completed the online radio course.
You can live on board the teaching boat for the duration of the course.
Successful students will be awarded the RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate, VHF Radio Certificate and RYA First Aid Certificate. The Powerboat level two allows students to apply to the RYA for an International Certificate of Competence. (Power under 10 meters only)
Run over 6 days, Sunday to Friday inclusive, meeting on Saturday afternoon for briefing.
INSTRUCTOR – STUDENT RATIO
Minimum 2, maximum 3 students to 1 Instructor for practical sections, maximum 6 for classroom sections.
Completion of the RYA Competent Crew as a minimum.
IS THERE AN END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
The VHF exam is an assessment however all other sections are continual assessment by the instructor.
The cost of the combined course is £940 per person (with a £90 reduction for final balances paid in cash) and includes:
- Accommodation on board the school yacht
- Safety Equipment
- Powerboat Logbook
- First aid E-handbook & Certification for First Aid and Powerboat. The VHF certificate is applied for from the RYA
- Transit Log & Yacht Fuel (compulsory) £160 per boat shared between students
- food & drink
- travel to/from venue
- Turkish visa if required
- Instructors food and drink when away from the marina base (to be provided at students expense)
- Waterproof clothing if required
- VHF Certificate £60 from the RYA
HOW DO I BOOK THE COURSE?
We don’t always schedule course dates for this course so if you are keen to consider this course please either give us a call on +90 535 613 8110 to chat through possible dates or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via ‘Booking request’.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED ON THE COURSE?
- Please visit the Powerboat Level 2 section for the syllabus and further information
- Please visit the shorebased page for more information about the VHF online course and exam
- Please visit the shorebased page for more information about the first aid course and syllabus
- The sail training on offer will be arranged to suit the needs of all students onboard, designed to improve each students specific weaknesses.